Web Development Software Engineer
Direct Entry Job Permanent Bristol, UK
Uploaded 15 Oct 2018
The space industry is currently undergoing a revolution where the dropping costs of access to space, mass manufacture and miniaturisation are creating new business models, system solutions and mission concepts. With our decision to productise our ground segment solution, "PLENITER", SCISYS has anticipated this trend correctly and now the time to market is pivotal. Further to this, SCISYS continues its success in winning new work from our institutional customers, such as the European Space Agency.
SCISYS delivers a wide range of software services, solutions and consultancy to our institutional and commercial clients around the world. Developing robust, real-world software is our core business, as well as providing support services that create a real benefit to our customers. Our solutions are frequently at the heart of our client's operations and therefore critical to their business. Delivering these solutions requires a partnership approach and mutual trust, which we pride ourselves on and promote amongst our workforce.
Working for SCISYS offers technically challenging and rewarding work. Our staff are enthusiastic self-starters who thrive in a dynamic environment. Potential in staff is quickly recognised and rewarded appropriately, and the experience you will gain through working in diverse market sectors and on a variety of projects is second to none.
About the Role
As part of its growth strategy, the SCISYS Space Division is looking to recruit a web development software engineer to work on our PLENITER product, as well as other projects such as applications for the exploitation of Earth Observation data. The positions will be based at our Bristol office in the UK.
As a team member of the Ground Systems Group you will contribute to the development, maintenance and validation of our PLENITER product, in particular the MMIs and web front ends. You should be able to work to deadlines, have good inter-personal skills, be flexible and able to assimilate new technologies.
- Strong experience in software development and software engineering
- CSS3 (SASS / SCSS / alternative)
- AngularJS 1+
- Production of technical documentation
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a scientific discipline
- SVG (Snap, Raphael or D3)
- Angular 4+
- UI Design (wireframes, site maps, style guides)
- Awareness of web standards:
- WCAG: Accessibility,
- OWASP: Web App Security
- Design Patterns: Revealing Module, Closures, Promises
- Functional Programming: First-class functions, High-order functions, Immutability, Recursion
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Willing to undergo security clearance processes
- Communicate fluently (verbally and in writing) in English