Graduate Position Permanent Goonhilly, Cornwall, UK
Uploaded 22 Oct 2018
This is a great opportunity for several Graduate Engineers to join a rapidly expanding satellite communications company at a crucial stage. Satellite Communications is a broad subject with applications across a wide field including, for example; health, agritech, aviation, earth observation and environmental monitoring, digital media, maritime communications and monitoring, science exploration, security, and much more. Goonhilly Earth Station Ltd is a world leading satellite & space communications company with expertise in satellite control, tracking and communications, located at the UK’s southern-most point. We are seeking a motivated, versatile and capable Engineers who can join a high-achieving team at Goonhilly Earth Station Ltd.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of challenges and developments offered at Goonhilly and are keen to jump in and help colleagues wherever needed. We are looking for candidates who are good team players, willing to be flexible and partake in different areas of work, as required.
We offer a competitive salary with potential to expand in a rapidly growing and exciting company, with opportunities for training.
The role is based at Goonhilly Earth Station in the Helston or Farnborough office with the occasional travel between sites, nationally and internationally.
Ideal applicants will be able to apply themselves in one or several of the following areas:
- Design, development, planning, installation, construction, operations and maintenance of ground station equipment and systems, IT equipment and networks.
- Knowledge of embedded systems, either software, hardware or FPGA design
- Production of site, accommodation, mechanical, electrical, electronic and system drawings. Use of CAD for structural, electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Undertaking of system availability/reliability modelling and analysis.
- Qualified to degree level in electronic engineering, applied physics, applied mathematics, systems engineering, computer science or equivalent subjects
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Good written, oral, presentational and interpersonal skills
- Post-graduate education in one of the above subjects
Other Jobs at Goonhilly Earth Station
No jobs currently available.