Radiation effects engineer
Graduate Position Permanent Harwell, UK
Uploaded 8 Nov 2018
We are seeking a keen and motivated individual to fill a position involving the characterisation of electronic components during space radiation testing. Key requirements of the role include excellent practical measurement skills, the ability to select and assemble a suite of measuring instruments for a given test and an aptitude to write code to acquire data. A robust approach to quality, documentation and data fidelity is required, so as to achieve full compliance with the customers’ specifications and deliver to budget and on time.
We offer you a working environment with an ever changing range of customer jobs, from materials analysis to complex, System-on-Chip and FPGA system testing, via subsystems and equipment of all kinds. Facilities include our own TID test chamber with Cobalt-60 sources to accelerator facilities located across Europe and the USA.
We employ highly-skilled individuals and promote a ‘can do’ attitude to enable our people to achieve their full potential through ongoing education, training and recognition of exemplary performance.
A CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are likely to have a formal qualification to degree level in electronic engineering or a related topic. However, practical experience of using measuring instruments, including the VISA API, and C++ coding under Windows are more important skills. You will be calm under pressure, possess good verbal and communication skills in English and have the determination to deliver.
- Practical experience with electronic measuring instruments
- Experience of C++ coding
- Experience of the VISA API
- Communicating with hardware and instrumentation
- Valid driving licence
- Electronics engineering experience
- Electronics engineering training, e.g. degree level education
- Experience of multi-threading applications
- Writing drivers for individual instruments
- Hands-on soldering and board prototyping
- Working in an ISO9001 environment
- Working in a commercial business
- Radiation effects knowledge
- Setting up and configuring new computers
Other Jobs at Cobham RAD Solutions
No jobs currently available.