Space Crew Team Member
Direct Entry Job Permanent Leicester, UK
Uploaded 9 Nov 2018
Space Crew Members are the Front of House operators of The National Space Centre. The overall purpose of this flexible team is to provide an excellent standard of customer service, addressing all visitor needs and wants whilst providing an environment in which the customer can enjoy a first-class experience. This multi skilled role includes Ticketing, Retail, Catering & Exhibition.
The National Space Centre Space Crew members need to be a flexible team, able to respond to visitor and Space Centre needs as required. This will entail:
- Deliver optimum customer care at all times.
- Proactively providing general information and guidance to all visitors to ensure their experience is enjoyable, safe and of the highest standard.
- Working as a member of the National Space Centre team in ensuring that all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to, and that the Health and Safety of the visitor, and other employees are not compromised.
- Maintaining the highest standard of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness at all times according to Space Centre staff guidelines.
- Maintenance of designated cleaning schedules to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness at all times.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the highest housekeeping standards throughout the National Space Centre site.
- Being as flexible as possible; and, with relevant training, helping the team in whichever areas of the Space Centre and its site require additional cover from the Space Crew.
- Answer to all visitor queries in a knowledgeable and friendly manner, endeavouring to respond independently – or referring to other members of staff as appropriate.
- Dealing with any problems that a visitor may have in a calm and composed manner, addressing issues as appropriate or referring the visitor to the Duty Manager if necessary.
- Undertaking Fire Warden and other Marshal duties as required.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal presentation at all times.
- Ensure all duties and activities are completed in line with health and safety guidelines and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all records and data are kept in accordance with GDPR and company policy.
- Undertaking training and development as part of the Personal Development Programme.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of working face-to-face with members of the public
- Experience of working within a leisure and tourism or educational environment is desirable
- Experience of working with children in an informal or formal learning environment (paid or voluntary) is desirable
- Experience of working within a customer-focused retail and / or catering environment and/or using tills is desirable
- Experience of food hygiene standards is desirable.
- Interest in astronomy, space science and science in general is desirable
- Good communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Numerate and literate
- IT Literate
- Ability to use a till is desirable.
- Good presentation skills are desirable
- Corporate hospitality waiting / bar work skills are desirable.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to remain flexible in all situations, maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- Excellent team player. Willing to help where necessary.
- Ability to portray a professional image at all times
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude towards all tasks
Qualifications & Education
- Good standard of education – post-16 / level 3 is desirable
- Welcome Host, Customer Choice! or equivalent is desirable
- Post GCSE science qualifications are desirable
- Disability Awareness training – desirable
- Food Hygiene Certificate – desirable
Working with Children
- The successful individual will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
The deadline for this position has passed