Internship on Eumetsat Contribution to Sustainable Development Goals
Internship 4 months Darmstadt, Germany
Uploaded 5 Dec 2018
The project aims at analysing, describing and illustrating the current and expected future contributions of EUMETSAT programmes and activities to the UN”s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Duties will include:
- Collecting and sorting information on SDGs relevant for EUMETSAT;
- Analysing the SDGs areas, for which EUMETSAT current and planned programmes and activities (including Copernicus and Satellite Application Facility activities) are an effective contribution;
- Prepare document, factsheet and other illustrative materials to present these contributions for various target groups (EO community, general audiences, specific working group or meeting);
- Analyse and describe EUMETSAT contribution to SDG in the specific context of the Meteosat Third Generation programme;
- Analyse the links between the SDG and the EU Development Aid Policy (in particular with respect to Africa), and identify the areas of relevance for the EUMETSAT programmes and activities;
- The internship will also include other ad-hoc tasks, such as contribution to workshop or meeting organised by the SCIR division, in relation to EUMETSAT activities in support to Capacity building programmes.
These tasks will be performed within the Strategy, Communication and International Relations Division, but in close cooperation with other EUMETSAT divisions working on applications, scientific aspect or training.
- Good communication and team working skills
- Experience in the production PR materials (brochure, illustration, etc)
- Experience in applying Earth observation data in areas related to SDGs
- University degree in fields of applications of earth observation or in development policies