Deep Learning Specialist - Robotics Enabled Image Analysis
Direct Entry Job Permanent Bristol, UK
Uploaded 13 Dec 2018
Society is experiencing an unprecedented level of technological change and this is your chance to be at the heart of it. The SCISYS autonomy and robotics group have led the use of machine and now deep learning in European Space application development with a particular focus on Robotic Exploration of Mars. In recent years this work has found application in a range of robotic applications in a variety of terrestrial domains which are transforming many traditional ways of working. Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV) and Deep Learning technologies have been central to our work.
We are seeking candidates with a deep learning and a computer vision background who are ready to apply this technology and break new ground. The role will require candidates to develop and apply deep learning based analysis for large image processing challenges and live robot analysis of complex scenes. The latter is currently pushing state of the art boundaries and we seek candidates who are excited by this challenge. Experience with robotic systems and concepts such as vision based localisation and mapping is desirable but not essential. Robotic acquisition (AUV, UGV and UAV) of data is a core enabler for our analysis and candidates will be expected to liaise with the wider robotics and autonomy team. This position has innovation at its heart. This is your chance to be at the forefront of applying deep learning technology to a host of new robotics and data processing applications including Mars Exploration.
Tasks will include support for novel system concept design, integration and test for both space and non-space applications. In addition to concept development and engineering tasks, candidates will be expected to present and communicate any work undertaken in both commercial and academic environments. The work will be based in our Bristol UK offices.
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. in a relevant field is desirable and candidates must exhibit a strong theoretical grasp of the art Deep Learning field and state of art Deep Learning modelling approaches.
- 2 years of applied experience in Deep Learning and the implementation of algorithms for real-world problems in the image and video domain ideally using libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch and Caffe
- Proficiency in C++ and Python on Linux
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Blumix, Google etc.) is desirable but not essential
- A thirst for innovation
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Eligibility to work and live in the UK
- Ability to work autonomously and technically interact with customer representatives.
- Ability to integrate easily into the existing team, both technically and socially.
- Ability to interpret and write Technical Documentation.
- Ability to travel – Full UK Driving License is desirable but not essential
SCISYS offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages, as well as offering our employees the opportunity to develop themselves whilst working on some incredibly exciting projects. We have flexible working hours, free onsite parking, an onsite café, and even a free gym in our HQ.
Other Jobs at SCISYS
No jobs currently available.