Electronics and Control System Engineer
Apprenticeship 2 years Abingdon, UK
Uploaded 2 Jan 2019
This is an opportunity to work with the systems engineering team at Reaction Engines, specifically to aid, develop and implement the electronic systems of the SABRE (Synergetic Air Breathing Rocket Engine) including interfaces, sensors and instrumentation, power and control systems.
The main tasks will include:
- Providing electronic solutions in support of the demo engine control, power and instrumentation systems.
- Working closely with in-house engineering teams (mechanical design, materials & structures, advanced manufacturing and production) to provide electronics support and design.
- Be responsible for electronic implementation for instrumentation, control and power systems.
This role would be suitable for a candidate with a genuine interest in electronics. Start date September 2019. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] quoting reference number 199/2018.
- 4 GCSEs including Maths or English at 4/C or above, plus one of the following:
- 1 A Level pass in either Maths or Physics (or closely related subject)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. It would be advantageous if students have achieved a merit in the Further Maths unit.
- Any other qualification deemed equivalent.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Positive and flexible attitude to get the job done.
- Strong can-do approach to work.
- Able to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team
- Able to work across multi-disciplined functions.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the business and with suppliers and customers.
- Must be adaptable to new projects and design directions.