Internship - Analysis of the Importance of Data Timeliness
Internship 4 months Darmstadt, Germany
Uploaded 11 Jan 2019
EUMETSAT have five research internships available starting in early 2019.
This project aims at analysing, describing and illustrating the current and expected future contributions of EUMETSAT programmes and activities to the UN”s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
EUMETSAT has recently published a brochure to present an overview of its contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals. Several intergovernmental bodies have highlighted how Earth observation could contribute to the achievement of some of the SDGs. See for example:
All these elements will serve as background for the internship and input to the various tasks.
- Understand and describe scope of direct broadcast local mission.
- Understand and describe scope of direct broadcast regional services.
- Understand and describe scope of EPS-SG regional mission.
- Develop use cases where each plays a role.
- For each use case assess the role of each type of data / service.
- Prepare a report summarising the activities undertaken, the information gleaned and discussing which elements of which service are most important for the various use cases.
Note this internship is unpaid for students but paid for graduates.
- Ability to prepare a final report in a clear, concise style;
- Strong interpersonal skills in an international environment;
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
- Studies in physics, meteorology, geography, environmental science or a related engineering discipline.
The deadline for this position has passed