STAR-Dundee Ltd., a leading supplier of spacecraft electronic test equipment and technology, is seeking an Electronics Engineer to work on new products and technology for spacecraft applications. STAR-Dundee has an excellent track record in innovative high-quality hardware, software and ASICs for spacecraft applications. To meet growing demand, we now seek to expand our research and development team to work on new products related to spacecraft on-board data-handling and avionics networks.
The successful candidate will join STAR-Dundee’s design team and will work on mechanical design related to our electronic systems. The Mechanical Engineer role covers the design of housings for electronics units, heatsinks and other mechanical/electrical components. It includes:
- Housing mechanical design
- Thermal analysis
- Shock and vibration analysis
- Heatsink design
- Connector design
- Design of electro-mechanical subsystems.
To apply for this position please send your CV and contact details of three referees, along with a brief covering letter stating how you feel you meet the above criteria, and indicating your current salary to:
Carole Carrie STAR-Dundee Ltd 4
Email: [email protected]
Candidates must have the following qualifications/skills/experience:
- A 1st class or 2:1 degree in mechanical engineering with at least five years’ experience of relevant mechanical design
- Alternatively, an HNC/HND in mechanical engineering with at least ten years’ experience of relevant mechanical design
- Good knowledge and substantial practical experience of mechanical component design, CAD tools, mechanical housing design
- Good understanding of thermal analysis and design
- Experience of analysis, design and testing for shock and vibration
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to test and document your work
- Ability to work from your own initiative with limited supervision, as well as alongside other team members
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The following skills and experience are highly desirable, but not essential for the posts:
- Experience in the design of electronics housings for spaceflight or aerospace applications
- Experience with PCB and housing thermal analysis
- Experience of mechanical housing design
- Experience with mechanical design tools
- Experience of PCB layout
Other Jobs at STAR-Dundee Ltd
No jobs currently available.