Risk Assurance / Software Safety Specialists
Graduate Position Permanent Various, UK
Uploaded 13 Feb 2019
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clientsWe have some exciting opportunities for Risk Assurance and Software Safety specialists at various levels who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level and Senior Assurance and Software Safety Specialists, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Our Safety team is growing rapidly and has a need for Software Safety Engineers to assist with safety-related bids and projects across the business. In some areas this requires engineering expertise (involvement in the overall safety design solution and safety analysis of software systems) and a strong emphasis on process (ensuring that safety procedures are followed during software development). In others, it relies on managing safety-related issues (LSL4) and working to SIL2 development standards.
Our Assurance Team aims to provide the optimum level of Product Assurance support, safety and compliance to software standards on both projects and programmes. This provides assurance and evidence that the development and maintenance teams maintain an orderly and disciplined approach to their work.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
• Background in safety engineering / assurance, a broad background in software engineering, SQEP (or be able to acquire) suitable safety qualifications
• Broad understanding of software development lifecycle from specification and design through to implementation, testing and assurance activities
• Strong stakeholder management
• Knowledge of hardware and software deployment
• Attention to detail for documentation reviews
• Experience of working in a secure project environment working to high standards
• An appreciation of client expectation, in order to pro-actively support projects with assurance requirements
• An eye for the detail with experience of working to precise procedures following a methodical approach
Additional objectives include:
• Experience of engineering development (including software) and ability to understand software and hardware failure modes, causes and effects
• Awareness of the implications of compliance to formal safety requirements and standards (e.g. IEC 61508, DO-178B or DefStan 00-56)
• Familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques, assurance/integrity levels, safety cases and have implemented safety in IT systems, either through educational curriculum, design experience or in a safety engineer role
• Understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications
• Experience of managing Product Assurance, Quality or Delivery of subcontractors
• Working on safety-related projects
• Any previous knowledge of Galileo, ESA, DO-178 and/or Software Assurance Standards
• An appreciation of the development and verification complexities and activities for European Space Agency (ESA) or High Integrity projects
• Defence projects and MoD processes for safety management
• Knowledge of Goal Seeking Notation (GSN)• Use of ASCE product
• Familiarity with DEFSTAN 00-55 and 00-56
• Knowledge of handling classified material
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations. The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.