Carry out your own PhD project in Astrophysics
PhD 2 years Karlsruhe, Germany
Uploaded 14 Feb 2019
The Hector Fellow Academy offers you the opportunity to realize a self-developed research project under supervision Prof. Eva Grebel. She is one of the Hector Fellows, a community of outstanding professors from different research institutions across Germany working in STEM-subjects, medicine, and psychology.
Prof. Eva Grebel is one of the leading researchers in the field of galaxy evolution and belongs to the most cited scientists in astronomy. As a pioneer in the new research field "galactic archaeology?, she uses age, movements and composition of stars as fossil witnesses of the evolution of near-field galaxies and the Milky Way. She investigates star formation and heavy-element enrichments as well as the role of fusion processes with smaller galaxies.
Are you are enthusiastic about developing and investigating an innovative research idea within the discipline of Prof. Grebel You have a masters degree in a scientific or engineering subject with excellent grades?
- Opportunity to realize a self-developed research idea
- Mentored by an internationally renowned, top-level scientist
- Funded position (according to TV-L 13, up to 100%, based on the funding rates of the DFG for PhD students)
- Extensive research funding
- Membership in an excellent research network
- Additional management courses, trainings & networking events
A high grade in a MSc in a scientific or Engineering subject
Other Jobs at Hector Fellow Academy
No jobs currently available.