Electronics and Control Systems Engineer
Apprenticeship 2 years Abingdon, UK
Uploaded 28 Feb 2019
The role of the apprentice will be to aid/develop an understanding of the design and implementation of the electronic systems of the DEMO A and SABRE engine including interfaces, sensors, and instrumentation, power and control systems. The apprentice will work with another fully qualified electronic engineer.
The main tasks will include:
- Providing electronic solutions in support of the demo engine control, power and instrumentation systems.
- Working closely with in-house engineering teams (mechanical design, materials & structures, advanced manufacturing and production) to provide electronics support and design.
- Being responsible for electronic implementation for instrumentation, control and power systems.
To apply send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] quoting reference number 199/2018.
The candidate needs to possess an excellent work ethic and most importantly they need a genuine interest in electronics coupled with a strong passion for helping others. With excellent attention to detail, strong team player ability in conjunction with good people and communication skills.
- 4 GCSEs including Maths or English at 4/C or above, plus one of the following.
- 1 A Level pass in either Maths or Physics (or closely related subject.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/or BTEC in engineering. It would be advantageous if students have achieved a merit in the Further Maths unit.