Postdoctorate Position Permanent Laurel, USA
Uploaded 28 Feb 2019
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with experience with exoplanet characterization to provide critical expertise in the science and technology involved in exoplanet research. As a leading organization in designing and managing space missions, APL has begun a strategic initiative to develop an exoplanet research and technology program at APL.
The postdoctoral researcher will provide critical contributions to developing a science and technology roadmap for the APL exoplanets program. This includes conducting research on exoplanet detection and/or characterization, as well as leading and contributing to proposals for research and technology development. Publications and conference presentations of their findings are encouraged.
The main tasks of this role:
- Conduct research on exoplanet detection/characterization.
- Contribute to planning and proposal development for the APL science and technology roadmap.
- Conduct related research on solar system bodies or in the laboratory utilizing the same skills.
- A Ph.D. in Astronomy, Physics, Planetary Science or closely related field.
- Experience in exoplanet observations for the purpose of detection and/or characterization of exoplanets.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and spoken) skills.
- Experienced with the Exoplanet Characterization Toolkit (ExoCTK).
- Expertise with spectroscopy of planetary atmospheres.
- Experienced with modeling atmospheric processes.
Other Jobs at John Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
No jobs currently available.